You will write an essay about one of the founding theorists listed below and discussed in Chapter 1 of your textbook.
George Herbert Mead
Utilizing C. Wright Mills concept of the Sociological Imagination, which was also introduced in Chapter 1, discuss the following questions:
What is the theorists background? Where are they from? When were they born? Were they wealthy, middle class, or poor? What type/level of education did the theorist have? What occupation(s) did they have? Did they travel internationally during their lifetime? Were there any events that occurred during their lifetime which may have influenced their perspective and writing?
What major contribution(s) did the theorist make to the field of Sociology? Briefly discuss the basis of their research or theory? How did the theorist support their position? What type of research did they do?
Identify the theoretical paradigm that best fits the theorists work (structural functionalism, conflict theory or symbolic interactionism)? Explain why that specific paradigm is the best fit.
the answers from the second set of questions can be found in the book. free online textbook. (https://openstax.org/details/books/introduction-sociology-2e)
double spaced size 12 font 1 inch margin. works cited in APA
- The Importance of Considering the Level of Protection Desired When Determining Spare Part Quantities
- The Impact of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Electronic Commerce (EC) on Logistics and System Support
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.