As we have seen in this unit, many Empires during the expanded their power and territory during our period of study, building impressive states across their regions of rule. Many of these empires in East Asia, the Middle East and India, and Europe had much in common, but they also had many unique characteristics which defined and separated them. This essay is designed to help you establish connections between the intellectual changes and reforms happening within these different geographical regions.
For this essay assignment, you will compare and contrast any two of the empires discussed in this unit, discussing similarities and differences between them. Possible topics that you can consider for the comparison and contrast in the essay are strengths and weaknesses of the empires and/or rulers, economic policies, military systems, empire expansion efforts, wars and conquests, forms of government and/or administration, religious systems and policies, social and cultural developments, problems faced within the empire, empirical legacies, and interactions between the two empires, if any.
Expectations and Criteria for Success:
You should base your discussion with the information in the course content, but outside research is allowed if needed. DO NOT use Wikipedia as a source. As always, be sure to keep track of where you find your information so that you can provide citations in your final essay. Essays should be typed in 12-point font with a simple, clean font such as Times New Roman. Use 1″ inch margins on all sides and double-space the text. Your essays should each be around 1000 words, not including a cover page and works cited page.
Successful essays should be carefully organized, with strong thesis statements and specific evidentiary support. In your introduction, introduce both of the empires that you will be discussing and lay out the topic for the essay. The body of the essay will include the comparison and the contrast of the empires. Conclude by discussing which of the two empires you think was more effectively established or had a stronger foundation, including the reasons why you reached this conclusion. Be sure to revise and edit carefully.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.