The theorists that I chose is Patricia Benner. Module 6: Theory-Practice Gap Assignment Please carefully review the instructions for completing this assignment and review the points allocated for each component. The assignment includes: ? Insights: After reviewing back through the course materials and reviewing the literature, please answer the following questions: o Should all advanced practice nursing be guided by theory? Why or why not? o What is a theory-practice gap and does a theory-practice gap exist today in advanced practice nursing? o Can DNP/APN prepared nurses help to invigorate nursing theory guided practice and research? How can/will they? o How should non-nursing theory influence nursing science research and advanced practice? o What role should DNP prepared nurses play in the integration of nursing theory in research and advanced practice? How can/will they do this? What preparation do they need? ? Each question should be answered in a scholarly format; however, a formal paper is not required. Include in-text citations and a reference list (APA format) should follow all answers. Share new perceptions or understandings that you have acquired throughout this course and through your readings. It is acceptable to use the course text as sources; however, please include a minimum of 3 scholarly, peer reviewed sources from your literature review. Each question should be thoroughly answered with clear, concise thoughts in 75-125 words. ? Resources: Include in-text citations to support your answers and share a reference list (APA format) at the completion of the questions and answers. Include three scholarly, peer reviewed sources from the literature other than the course text. ? Reflection & Application: Concluding the assignment, share how you believe you can apply theory to practice in your role and functions as a DNP/APN to close the theory-practice gap. Provide one or more examples of how you plan to accomplish this, include a theory/theorist which you can identify as providing significance to your future practice, beginning with your scholarly DNP project. For this section of the assignment, it is acceptable for the student to write using first person (personal pronouns I and me) in this section, since this is your reflection of how you will make this applicable in your practice. Guidelines and Point Allocation (100 points) Component 1: Insights (60 points) Each question answered in a scholarly, concise, thorough format, with in-text citations to support your writing. 75-125 words per answer. Component 2: Resources (20 points) In-text citations included throughout answers to support. Reference list at completion of questions and answer section (APA format). Include three scholarly, peer reviewed sources, other than course text. Component 3: Reflection and Application (20 points) Share your beliefs about how you will apply theory to your practice in the future as a DNP/APN to close the theory-practice gap. Provide one or more examples of how you plan to accomplish this. Include a theory/theorist which you can identify as providing significance to your future practice, beginning with the scholarly DNP project. It is acceptable for the student to write in first person (personal pronouns I and me) for this section, as you reflect on how you will make this applicable in your practice. (75-100 words). Correct grammar/spelling, in text citations to support ideas, opinions and beliefs is expected. APA title page is not necessary. Submit the assignment to provided submission link by the due date. See course calendar for date.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.