ESSAY PROMPT We’ve practiced rhetorical analysis by examining a set of political mailers for the upcoming election. For Essay 3, you will continue that work, but this time, you will use what you’ve learned about rhetoric to analyze a film. The film, San Francisco 2.0, definitely garnered some attention when it was released in 2015. Some praised it as “clear eyed ” while others called it “dishonest”. I want you to watch the film, specifically looking for examples of Director Alexandra Pelosi’s appeals to ethos, pathos, and logos (including logical fallacies). Examining her rhetoric will give us some insight into her craft as a documentary filmmaker and how she aims to persuade. For Essay 3, you will perform a rhetorical analysis on San Francisco 2.0. Focus your analysis on the following question: Is this film an effective piece of rhetoric? In other words, how well does Pelosi appeal to her audience with ethos, pathos, and logos (and avoid logical fallacies) in her film? REQUIREMENTS The essay must respond to the above prompt and include: – A unified thesis about Pelosi’s rhetorical choices. – Topic sentences that use the rhetorical terms (introduced in Week 8) to make a point about her rhetorical choices. – Textual evidence (quote, paraphrase, or description of images) from the film. Be specific! – A reference to either the Re-Code interview (Links to an external site.) and/or Shaw’s critique (Links to an external site.) (see links to articles) – Formatted in MLA style, including MLA citations and a Works Cited page TIPS FOR SUCCESS Make sure your thesis is about Pelosi’s RHETORICAL STRATEGIES and NOT about the issue of how the tech economy has changed San Francisco. Use the rhetorical terms! The terms are your friends! “clear eyed ” https://www.vox.com/2015/9/27/11618910/alexandra-pelosis-new-hbo-documentary-isnt-the-anti-tech-movie-you “dishonest” https://beyondchron.org/hbos-dishonest-account-of-san-francisco/ FILM : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMPHPac8vuw
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.