The goal of conducting a review of the topic is to ensure that you are knowledgeable enough to ask good questions during your interview. If interviewing a selection specialist for instance, you should avoid asking questions like “what is personality,” and instead ask questions like “what theory of personality do you use, and how does it compare to the Big 5?” Your interview will be much more meaningful if you already have an idea of what terms are used, what the modern issues are, and what problems are common in that area of practice. Although each person’s process will be different depending on your choices, you will need to find several reputable academic sources to inform you on the topic. You should be able to clearly define relevant terms, know of major theories or taxonomies, understand the general process of practicing that topic, and generally gain an understanding of what a practitioner in that area needs to know and do. I would highly suggest finding modern book chapters and reviews on your topic of interest, as these are very thorough summaries of a relatively large body of work.Questions to answer:What does a practitioner in this area do exactly?What are the primary terms, and how are they defined?What are the major theories or processes discussed in this topic area?Why is this topic important for organizations to consider or work on?What different approaches exist for solving a problem in this area?How has this area changed in the last 10-20 years?You will turn in a draft of your summary for my review. You may organize it in the way that seems most appropriate for the material (e.g., headings, bullet points, images), but I expect it to look professional.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.