Task and Requirements
This exam consists of TWO 1000 word essays. You must answer and complete both essays. Your essays should contain a clear thesis statement (you must italicize it), a body, and conclusion. You should also paraphrase and cite all references in-text using the ASA style guide.pdf. Make sure to also include the word count. These are theoretical essays and are NOT opinion pieces. Your essay should be a sophisticated and in-depth analysis of the topics below. Your essays should be uploaded to dropbox in ONE word file in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf
ESSAY #1 INTERSECTIONALITY
In this essay, you should provide an in-depth theoretical overview of intersectionality. First, explore the origins of intersectionality and interrogate how it helps us understand the multiple ways in which privilege and oppression manifest in society on both individual and systemic levels. How does an intersectional approach differ than singular conceptions of inequality?
Draw upon at least one lecture video/activity and three of the following articles in your essay to support your claims (Collins and Bilge, Combahee River Collective, Weber, Crenshaw, Dill and Zambrana, and Ferber).
ESSAY #2 CAPITALISM & LABOR EXPLOITATION
In this essay, you should provide an in-depth theoretical overview of the ways in which race and gender intersect with capitalist exploitation. How was the development of capitalism racialized and gendered in both past and present times? How are workers treated differently in a capitalist system? How does capitalism rely on racism/sexism to divide white people from people of color?
Draw upon at least one lecture video/activity and three of the following articles to support your claims (Acker, Bonacich, Alimahomed, & Wilson, Glenn, Sullivan et. al, and Crittenden.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.