After reading the chapter for this unit, the Lecture and related websites and exploring the information on the textbook website read the following 2 articles listed below (articles can also be found in Files) and answer the questions below. When making references to sources, remember to give credit where credit is due. 300 words minimum for answers to questions–not for each individual question. Questions need to be identified but do not count in the 300 word minimum expected for the assignment.The questions and the numbers of each question need to be included in the assignment.The APA format needs to be used for documenting your sources within and at the end of the assignment.You will need to sign up for a free membership to the Psychiatric Times, but the articles are also available in Files.Articles1. POINT:Dump the DSM! by Paul Genova (Links to an external site.) https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/dsm-iv/dump-dsm2. COUNTERPOINT: The DSM: Not Perfect, but Better Than the Alternative by Michael First & Robert Spitzer. (Links to an external site.) https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/articles/dsm-not-perfect-better-alternativeQuestions1. What are the main issues that the Point article addresses?2. What are the faults with the Point article?3. Is the author of the Point article truly complaining about the DSM or the mental health system as a whole? Provide support for your ideas.4. Is the DSM clinically useful? What are the limitations? Should it be abandoned?5. How is the Counterpoint article different from the Point article?6. Does classification of psychiatric disorders help the clinician and patient? Explain7. In your opinion, which article provides a stronger case and why?8. In your opinion, does a diagnosis of a mental illness provide awareness of one’s illness and the ability to manage it or does it provide an excuse for negative behaviors?Book used for classTitle: Case Studies in Abnormal PsychologyISBN-13: 9780716772736Authors: Ethan E. Gorenstein; Ronald J. ComerEdition: 2ndPublisher: Worth PublishersPublished: June 2014Adoption: Required
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.