Please respond to all of the questions in paragraph form with the question numbers labeled. You should incorporate concepts from the readings into your answers and cite the readings as needed. The paper should be 2-4 pages.1. “Fake news” is a current issue within political and social media. Gergen challenges the idea of truth and a singular reality. Use Politifact https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/ to identify a false statement or news story in our current public conversations.o Explain the case, the origins of the story, and describe how this misinformation was communicated.o How can the concept of social utility and cultural traditions be used to explain the proliferation of “fake news” and wildly divergent definitions of what “truth” and “facts” are in the news?o How does the concept of the social construction of reality apply to this case?2. Watch the short clip telling the story of a unique animal relationship: The Cat & The Ducklings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=570khFoaE4so How does this clip relate to socialization and the important of social environment over biology?o Using this clip and the assigned readings, how would you debate a friend who claims that “nature is more powerful than nurture” in shaping people’s behaviors and identity?o How could you effectively argue that socialization largely determines who we are?3. Language as a symbol system is also connected to power. Watch and analyze the following clip of a speech given by Nelson Mandela in 2000 at the World Sports Awards, Monaco https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdopyAFP0DI.o What kind of language and symbols does he use when speaking?o What does this language emphasize?o What does it conceal?o How does it frame the “issues” the speaker addresses?o How and why is language an important aspect of exercising power and promoting social change?4. Look up the lyrics of two or three popular songs from the past or present that focus on romantic love.o Identify and describe each of the songs.o What do the lyrics suggest about what it means to be in love?o What do they say about what you should notice, emphasize, or ignore in an intimate partner?o What do they say about how you should experience and act upon feelings of romantic love?o What do the lyrics suggest about what is irrelevant or taboo when it comes to love?Text book used in this class:Title: Inside Social LivesAuthor: Spencer CahillISBN-13: 9780190647889Publisher: Oxford University PressEdition: 8thAdoption: Required
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.