Portfolio question 1: Can Chinese politics be studied scientifically? Discuss with reference to the camp of normativists and positivist China researchers as well as China practitioners. Portfolio question 2: Democracy is not the result of economic modernisation, but a precondition for human development. Discuss in reference to Amartya Sen’s scholarship. Portfolio question 3: To what extent have democratisation studies failed to develop a strong predictive theory? Portfolio question 4: How can nonviolent struggle help liberalise an authoritian political system? Discuss in reference to Gene Sharp’s theory of and for political change ***You have to answer all “four questions” of the portfolio assignment.*** Whether or not you will get a good mark for this coursework assignment will depend on your active participation in this module. The portfolio report is directly linked with the lectures and seminars of Teaching Week 2-5. The four portfolio questions are also directly linked with chapters 1-4 of the book ‘The Struggle for Democracy in Mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong’ (Routledge, 2019). You should roughly allocate 500 words to answer each of the five questions. Please do not write more than 2,000 words, including references. The bibliography is excluded from the word count.
- The Importance of Considering the Level of Protection Desired When Determining Spare Part Quantities
- The Impact of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Electronic Commerce (EC) on Logistics and System Support
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.