The purpose of the professional growth paper is to give students the opportunity to go back over the material covered in the course and reflect on the important conceptual trends in the field. This helps students reflect on how you can be a stronger manager and leader, and how people within your organization are critical to its success. This is a reflective and personal assignment. Students should feel free to organize the textbook, articles, videos, cases, in-class examples and activities in such a way that allows you to organize your thoughts for the most reflective writing. In other words, your writing does not need to follow the way the professor organized the material in the syllabus, but your thoughts do need to be organized and easy to follow. This assignment will be evaluated purely on the depth of your reflections, the rigor and sincerity that you apply to the course concepts, and the readability of your writing. The due date can be found in the course schedule. Write a ~3 page (single-spaced, 12 point font size, no bullet points) review of the course at the end of the semester. An introduction paragraph is a must and should provide the reader with a short outline of what is coming in the remainder of your paper. Then, organize your paper with the following subheadings and content: 1. Effective Leadership of People & Organizational Success: 1. Describe how people within an organization are critical to an organizations success. 2. Name and describe OB theories and concepts that you found to be the most important for management/leadership, and explain why. 2. Personal Leadership Style & Competency: 1. Briefly describe your personal strengths, weaknesses, tendencies, styles, and personality, and how your understanding of yourself can make you a more effective manager and leader. 2. Explain what you learned as a result of the course that has helped you be an effective manager and leader. 3. Applying New Leadership Skills: 1. Put yourself in the position of being a manager who has to lead her/his employees through a major organizational change. Consider the stress you would feel as you try to balance the stress caused by the changes within the organization, along with the personal stressors your employees are managing outside of work as well. After all, you have your own stressors outside of work, just like everyone else. 2. What kinds of things would you do to make this period of change as smooth as possible for the members of your organization? You are encouraged to think of the various concepts weve covered this semester (perhaps the ones you found more important) as you answer this question.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.