1. Ancient writers in Mediterranean societies often discussed the meaning and importance of human duties to their states, families, philosophical truths or community traditions. Write an essay that 1) compares how two of the authors we have read describe the meaning of duty in human lives and 2) argues which of the two are more relevant to our culture today. Do these writers/thinkers believe that all people have specific duties, or do they mainly emphasize the duties of men and social elites? Do they see duty as a philosophical obligation, an ethical value, a military expectation, or a political foundation for well-governed societies? How do you think the historical contexts in which they lived may have influenced their views of human duty?
Plato, The Simile of the Cave and Philosophers Rule, in The Republic, ed. Desmond Lee and Melissa Lane (London: Penguin, 2007), 255-264.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.