Kevin Hostberry writes that [a]t its basic nature art is about transcendence and meaning, and therefore relationships. Without getting too deep into it Art (with a capital A) can be distinguished from mere craft by rising above itself and its literal structure; by becoming more than the sum of its parts it becomes more than mere “thing.” Craft, or art with a lower case “a,” can be beautiful, interesting, and require a great deal of skill but it is just what it is (an illustration, a piece of furniture, a photograph, etc.). Art on the other hand rises above this level and gets at something deeper. Prompt: Certainly, there is something about the art piece that attracts you.something that rises above. As an objective viewer you might want to query yourself about those qualities. Think about the piece in terms of its theme or universal meaning. Focusing on the pithy parts, offer a thematic interpretation of the piece. Criteria 800 words (plus or minus 10 percent) Times New Roman Font 12 Double spaced; 1 inch margins top to bottom and right to left; Strong theme statement that directly relates to your essays discussion of the particular piece you have selected Well-developed paragraphs that provide expansion and discussion of key concepts of thesis statement; Apparent organization; Effective, relevant, and correctly APA or MLA cited incorporation of examples from the short story that support and extend thesis/paragraph points Evidence of research that uses at least 3 sources. Interviews are acceptable The conclusion that aims to discuss the significance of your theme: What are we to learn from this? Absence of mechanical/grammatical errors References provided in near perfect format Painting : “The Last Judgment” by Abraham Rattner – 1950
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.