Sports Organizational Behavior
Understand the concept of negotiation and describe negotiation strategies used in sport organizations.Apply session content to a sport organization case study.InstructionsThis case study focuses on power and politics in organizations. This case study and questions will be the focus of our synchronous meeting next week. Hemme, F. & Dixon, M.A. (2014). A Case Study on Power and Politics in Organizations. Preview the document Case Studies in Sport Management, 4(13), 99-106.Answer the following questions:What is the main issue described in the case?Who are the competing individuals/factions?Using French and Raven’s (1959; see also Raven, 1959, 1965, 1992) extended power taxonomy, identify different power sources used and the people who use them. Individuals may use more than one power source.Identify and analyze the problems created between organizational members due to the uses of power.Analyze the potential motivations behind particular uses of power.Who would you identify as the most powerful individual in the case? Why?
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.