Write an essay of 850-1000 words discussing the various reasons of popularity of Bollywood films in the UAE and its possible impact on the Emirati culture as well as the Emirati popular culture. Recently, a Bollywood theme park has been opened in Dubai. You must develop your essay after reading the following articles:
Based on your reading these short articles, you may want to develop your arguments in light of the following points. However, these points are only a guideline. You will develop your own arguments and draw evidence from other sources that are relevant to this discussion.
Points you may consider:
Do you agree with the authors assumption that the Bollywood movies shown here are only for the expatriate Indian audience?
What are the possible consequences of the Bollywood movies on the Emirate culture in general, and the growing film industry in the UAE?
Does the concept cultural imperialism relate to the discussion?
Is the UAE the starting point for the globalization of the Bollywood movies, as the author suggests?
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.