Voting Rights Paper Prompt: In ASPA format. The Supreme Court argued in Shelby v Holder that sections 4 & 5 of the Voting Rights Act (Preclearance by U.S. Department of Justice) are no longer necessary. However, supporters of sections 4 & 5 claim that voter suppression is on the rise. Should the federal government be involved in reviewing the voting policy of specific states or not? Paper Writing Goals: 1) This assignment touches on many of the topics we have discussed so far: federalism, racial injustice, civil rights and the relationship between the three branches of government. One of your goals should be to place Shelby v Holder in a wider context. 2) Please read ALL of the sources supplied to you. One of your goals should be to show the reader that you have read all of the sources. This does not require using quotes; you can explain an authors ideas and cite the author as your source in your paper (Rutenberg 2015). Remember to provide a works cited page. 3) Review both sides of the argument and then respond directly to the prompt. Your goal is to explain why you think the Justice Department should review the voting rights policy of states or not. Readings ? Sections 4 & 5 of the Voting Rights Acts ? Abbreviated opinions of Roberts and Ginsberg in Shelby v. Holder ? Brennan Center (liberal), The Effects of Shelby v. Holder ? American Enterprise Institute (conservative), Commentary on Shelby v. Holder ? Jim Rutenberg. 2015 (July 19). A Dream Undone. New York Times Magazine.
- The Importance of Considering the Level of Protection Desired When Determining Spare Part Quantities
- The Impact of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Electronic Commerce (EC) on Logistics and System Support
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.