The intent of the Capstone project is for you to use the same case / company throughout the course. Select one (1) out of the three(3) recommended cases listed below. Each case is located in the Cases to Accompany Contemporary Strategy Analysis section of the textbook.
The recommended cases are:
Case 8 BP: Organizational Structure and Management Systems
Case 10: Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.: Disrupting the Fastfood Business
Case 13: Tesla Motors: Disrupting the Auto Industry
You may also use Internet and / or Strayer Learning Resource Center to research articles on your chosen case or company.
Based on the case, you will perform an industry analysis and develop a strategy for the CEO of your chosen company to help shape the company’s future.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
Define strategy and examine how the definition of strategy fits your chosen company and its situation. Support your response.
Summarize the main strategies that your chosen company’s management took leading up to this company’s recent development.
Identify your chosen company’s industry and determine its main competitors. Next, select two to three (2-3) strategies that the competitors use, and analyze whether or not the selected strategies are successful. Support your response.
Perform an industry analysis for the CEO of your chosen company in order for him / her to develop strategy for the company. Next, evaluate the company’s current standing in this industry taking into account the company’s resources and capabilities.
Propose at least three (3) performance goals for the company for the next one (1) and five (5) year period respectively. Provide a rationale for your response.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.