Coping with Financial and Ethical Risks at American International Group (AIG), page 493
Please answer the following case questions:
Provide a brief overview of the case by explaining the ‘who, what, when, where, and why’. (This portion or response should not be longer than 1 page.)
Describe the ethics program at AIG.
What steps could AIG have taken to make its ethics program stronger as well as how it would have strengthened the ethics of its corporate culture.
What other measures could AIG have taken or done differently to prevent its failure and eventual bailout?
Final thoughts and closing remarks: What are the takeaways from this case?
Instructions for Case Study Assignments:
For each assignment, you will have 1 case to read, analyze, and answer the provided corresponding questions. To thoroughly answer the case questions, your assignment should be between 3-4 pages.
APA format, 12pt font, Times New Roman, double spaced, with 1″ margins.
If you use sources outside your textbook, please provide in-text citations and a reference page at the end of your assignment.
Textbook: Business and Society: A Strategic Approach to Social
Responsibility & Ethics, 5th Edition
Authors: O.C. Ferrell, Debbie Thorne, Linda Ferrell
Publisher: Chicago Business Press
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.