Pick one of the short stories (Young Goodman Brown, A Rose for Emily,Everyday Use, The Storm, A&P, or Story of an Hour) you read this week. Write an essay in which you discuss what role each of the following elements played in the telling of the short story: point-of-view, characterization, and setting. Paper must be at least 500 words.
1. An essay always has an introduction, which includes a thesis statement, and a conclusion in addition to the body paragraphs.
2. Keep your verb tense consistent (if youre telling it in present tense, all verbs should be present tense). When you write about literature, you should always use present tense.
3. Remember to check your grammar.
4. Avoid vague words like stuff, a lot, things, bad, good, etc.
5. Do not write sentences that begin with “I am going to tell you about”, “This essay is about”, etc.
6. Use third person (they, she, he, one), not first person (I, me, we, us) or second person (you, your).
7. If you are tempted to use the word “that”, read the sentence without it, and if it makes sense without it, leave it out. Oftentimes “that” is unnecessary and just filler in a sentence.
8. DO NOT conduct research for this essay!
9. Reference the rubric in your syllabus for grading criteria.
*Always follow correct MLA formatting when submitting your papers, including a header and pagination. Use the Academic Essay Format to help you
- The Importance of Considering the Level of Protection Desired When Determining Spare Part Quantities
- The Impact of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Electronic Commerce (EC) on Logistics and System Support
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.