you will choose ONE mental or emotional disorder covered in class and create a case study of a fictional person who suffers from this disorder. Paper must be written in 12pt, Times New Roman font, with normal margins and include separate references page. You must include all of the following in your paper:
o Background Information: The first section of your paper will present your client’s background. Include factors such as age, gender, work, health status, family mental health history, family and social relationships, drug and alcohol history, life difficulties, goals, and coping skills and weaknesses. (2-3 paragraphs)
o Description of the Presenting Problem: In the next section of your case study, you will describe the problem or symptoms that the client presented with. Describe any physical, emotional, or sensory symptoms reported by the client. Thoughts, feelings, and perceptions related to the symptoms should also be noted. Any screening or diagnostic assessments that would be used should also be described in detail and all scores reported. (2-3 paragraphs)
o Your Diagnosis: Provide your diagnosis and give the appropriate Diagnostic and Statistical Manual 5 code. Explain how you reached your diagnosis, how the clients symptoms fit the diagnostic criteria for the disorder, or any possible difficulties you might have in reaching a diagnosis. (1-2 paragraphs)
o Interventions: Choose and explain one possible treatment approach for the disorder described. (1-2 paragraphs)
(Book required for this course is (Hooley, J.M & Butcher, J.N. (2017). Abnormal Psychology (17th Ed)) this is where you can which mental disorder you will talk about from chapter 1- 13
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.