The purpose of this assignment is to synthesize and apply the knowledge you gained in class into a well-written research paper. For this assignment, you will conduct research and write a paper containing the two elements:
Part I: Choose one of the listed topics
Implementing change on a nursing unit (Student must incorporate an example and a change theory)
Leadership traits for successfully managing in the clinical arena.
Quality improvement in the nursing unit or system
Mentorship in nursing
Preceptor programs for nursing leaders
Solving incivility in the work place, How can a nurse manager help? (conflict resolution)
Legal Issues within the nursing unit
Promotion of ethical behaviors within the nursing unit (student must create a plan and implementation strategy)
Nursing Unit Strategic Planning
Compare and contrast the following new roles for the changing health care arena:
Nurse Navigators, Clinical Nurse Leaders, and Leaders in Patient-Centered Care
Part II: Evaluate how the topic applies to 2 of the following course competencies.
Integrate concepts related to leadership into the professional nursing role.
Analyze the philosophy, goals, and organizational structure of a healthcare system in relationship to the delivery of quality healthcare.
Compare selected theories of leadership, management, and organizations in relation to healthcare agencies.
Identify how collaborative leadership styles might be utilized in various community agencies to enhance the role of the nurse leader.
Examine change theory, change management, conflict resolution, and strategies to promote innovation.
Explain principles of continuous quality improvement (CQI) and the process of quality planning, improvement, and control.
Discuss the management process and its impact on the delivery of optimal healthcare.
Analyze how accountability, advocacy, and collaboration augment the management of care.
Describe the meaning of teamwork in respect to the health care team
Identify the essential components of a business plan
Analyze various organization structure/management theories as they relate to nursing practice
In addition to the assignment specifics above, your paper should:
Be 3-4 pages, not including the title and reference pages.
Source(s) should be integrated into the paragraphs. Use in-text citations pointing to evidence in the literature that supports your ideas.
Incorporate a minimum of two (2) peer-reviewed sources into your paper.
Use current APA format to style your paper and to cite your sources.
Include a title page and a reference page listing the sources you used. Be sure to plan enough time for proofreading and editing.
Review the rubric for further information on how your assignment will be graded.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.