Foner text, Give Me Liberty! An American History.pp. 364-403
Foner text, Voices of Freedom: A Documentary History. pp. 187-206
Choose one of these questions to answer.
Question 1: Identify and describe three manifestations of the expansion of American democracy during the 1810s and 20s.
Question 2: What was the significance of 1828 presidential election? Why is it remembered as one of the most significant in American history?
Question 3: Identify and describe three key differences between the Whigs and the Democrats during the 1820s and 30s.
Question 4: What were some of the defining elements of the American System?
Question 5. Among what kinds of American did the Democratic Party find its strongest support during the Age of Jackson, and why? Among whom did it encounter its greatest opposition, and why?
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.