“Organizational Behavior: Improving performance and commitment” ISBN 978-1-259-92766-9. This assignment asks you to consider a current or past co-worker (if you havent had a job, you can use a classmate in a group project) who has low levels of either job performance, organizational commitment, or both. You are asked to draw on concepts from the course to explain exactly why this coworker is so ineffective, and how you and his/her supervisors might react, given that knowledge.Your paper can focus on either a current coworker or a past coworker. The coworker should be a real person, as opposed to an amalgam of multiple individuals. Moreover, some portions of the paper work better if the coworker is of a similar hierarchical level to you–as opposed to a boss or a supervisor. The paper should include the following three sections: 1. Background – Describe the coworker. Give enough detail that its clear why you feel the way you do about this person, with enough richness that the section brings the person to life for the reader. Feel free to omit or disguise any details that might be sensitive in nature. 2. Explanations – Drawing on key terms from Chapters 4-7 and 9, provide an explanation of why, in your estimation, this employee has low levels of job performance and/or organizational commitment. When I say key terms, Im referring to the words that are bolded in the chapters and that appear in the Key Terms section at the end of each chapter. Given the strict word count, youll need to strike a balance between breadth of coverage (i.e., the number of key terms mentioned) and depth of coverage (i.e., how detailed your use of a given key term is in explaining the employees attitudes and behaviors) 3. Recommendations – Flowing out of the key terms discussed in the previous section, describe what the top managers or leaders in the company could do, very specifically, to improve the performance and/or commitment of your coworker. Then describe what you, personally, could do to make this coworker more effective. Finally, answer the following questions: Is this employee a problem that cannot be fixed to some extent? If so, describe what the top managers or leaders in the company could do to avoid similar problems in the future.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.