n most of your previous college writing courses, you have been told to avoid referring to your personal story and using personal pronouns. At some point, you may have been told that the reason for these practices is to avoid appearing biased. This is a valid concern, especially for argumentative research, which seeks to convince its audience of claims based upon evidence. In this past module, you were inspired to research by a fictional work, which recounted the personal experiences of Haitian immigrants. For this reflection, please consider:
Is it possible to be inspired to research and write argumentatively by your own and others personal experiences? What role does bias play, if you are inspired by personal experiences? And, are there any circumstances under which a personal story, including your own, might be used as a strong and effective form of evidence? Explain.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.