International Political Economy – The Great Recession on 2008 2009 and flaws of globalization – Critical View Essay Final Research Assignment – The Great Recession on 2008 2009 The Great Recession on 2008 2009 exposed deep flaws in the framework of the hyper-globalists and has posed the need for a critical rethinking of the way in which International Political Economy deals with the question of globalization. With reference to the role of the state, regionalism and financialization, critically assess the accuracy of this statement. Make reference to specific books and articles from the course and addressing the question – attached documents. 825 words Ensure that you cover a breadth of course material and include your own critical reflections on the material. Your essays are expected to conform to a standard university essay style, including a strong thesis statement, structural organization, and the proper use of citations and references. International Political Economy course outlined for reference what studies in this course. Unit 1: Introduction Unit 1 provides a brief overview of the field of international political economy and the issues raised by the debate over the meaning and significance of globalization. Unit 2: Pre-Globalization and International Power-relations and Practices Unit 2 is a descriptive account of changes in the international order up to the late twentieth century, focusing on mercantilism, economic nationalism, the bi-polar international order, and neo-liberal globalization. The institutions of the Bretton Woods system after the Second World War and the economic, social, and political problems of the 1970s and 1980s that preceded the era of globalization are discussed. Unit 3: Contemporary Theories of International Political Economy and Globalization Unit 3 discusses past and current theoretical approaches to international relations and political economy, ranging from realist and liberal perspectives through more current efforts to understand the process and implications of globalization. Unit 4: The New Global Context Unit 4 examines the institutions, practices, and issues that have come to signify the advent of globalization and the debates surrounding the capacities of nation-states under conditions of globalization. Unit 5: Multinational Corporations and Global Production Unit 5 is an analysis of the practices and significance of contemporary multinational corporations due to higher levels of concentration and diverse forms of investment and production and the political implications of this global production regime. Unit 6: Regionalism and Globalization Unit 6 examines the issue of whether regionalism is contributing to globalization or is a response to the effects of globalization, and it reviews the economic and political conflicts that arise from these two dynamics. Unit 7: Developing Nations and Globalization Unit 7 outlines the major issues and problems confronting developing nations, and how globalization has altered the debate on the measures to address the problems of economic, social, and political development. Unit 8: Developed Nations and Globalization Unit 8 analyzes how globalization has affected political decision-making and economic practices in developed nations and the costs and benefits of the changes that have been introduced to date. Unit 9: Opposing Globalization Unit 9 examines the variety of forces opposed to globalization, the alternatives that have been proposed, and the effects achieved by those opposed to globalization. Unit 10: Future Trends and Issues Unit 10 provides an overview of the various debates over globalization and suggests various trends and issues that may arise given the extent of globalization to date.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.