In order to expand your knowledge and develop your critical reading and writing skills, you are asked to review one of the three books listed below. a. Queering Urban Justice: Queer of Colour Formations in Toronto – Edited by Jin Haritaworn, Ghaida Moussa, and Syrus Marcus Ware, with Ro Rodrguez (2018). b. Displacing Blackness: Planning, Power, and Race in Twentieth-Century Halifax by Ted Rutland (2018). c. Why Loiter?: Women and Risk on Mumbai Streets by Shilpa Phadke (2011). (1) a brief but precise summary of the books focus and overall argument (not each point). Ask yourself what the authors main research question is and how (with what theses and evidence) they answer this question. This should take up one or two solid paragraphs. (2) an extended assessment of the books achievements and flaws. Make sure to deal with the books main argument, but then zero in on a small number of select sub-themes (all of which are supposed to speak to the overall point(s) of the book). You cannot do justice to all aspects of the book equally. Also, your assessment should focus on the textss relevance to understand contemporary urban-regional issues, (3) Do not focus your review on technical or stylistic matters. (4) Please identify what you are reviewing by providing full bibliographic information at the TOP of your review — eg. author, title, place of publication, publisher, and date. (5) At the end of the review you will need to provide a bibliography listing all other sources and citations as necessary. You can improve the book review by drawing on other sources such as your own experiences such as a resident of the GTA and an observer of Toronto-area politics, other course materials, and lecture topics, and readings you may have come across in other courses. Your assessment must be carefully documented (with page references to the book). It must also be based on a precise use of concepts, terms, and facts. All references must be cited in APA style. Please see the links below for more information on how to write book reviews.
- The Importance of Considering the Level of Protection Desired When Determining Spare Part Quantities
- The Impact of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Electronic Commerce (EC) on Logistics and System Support
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.