Due Saturday Assessment Context: This assessment is used at the end of the fifth week of the first course in the M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction program. The assessment measures the use of ethical decisions about technology use/access in educational settings. The minimum passing score for this critical assessment is 88.5 points. Note: This course includes this assignment as a critical assessment documenting your learning on the national standards listed below. Please see the course syllabus or further information on the critical assessment policy. It is important to review the materials below and the critical assessment rubric Click for more options before you begin this assignment. In this technologically advanced, and continually advancing, society, it is important for teachers to consider the ethical and responsible use and advancement of technologies. Cyber ethics is the term for creating a culture of ethical technology use. Identify a current digital technology use that has social, moral, and ethical implications for teachers and students. The digital technology could be hardware or software (see a list of some possible topics below). Research the social, moral, and ethical implications of the application of the chosen digital technology identifying various perspectives on the positives and negatives. As you research, pay attention to the issues a teacher will need to consider regarding ethical access and use, equity, social relationships, privacy laws/concerns, etc. Write a paper that articulates recommendations for the ethical use of a chosen current digital technology in the classroom. This paper will address the ethical challenges of the application of this technology and propose solutions to those challenges that build character in those using the technology. You are establishing a culture that demonstrates the proper use of technology in the classroom. This paper will be used to inform parents, inform board members, or convince your content/grade level team about the steps your classroom is taking to ensure technology is used in an ethical fashion. Consider your audience. In your 4- to 5-page paper, include: An introduction to the digital technology you have chosen to address and the social, moral, or ethical concerns for the technology user (students, teachers, other users in your organization). A review of current research on the topic that looks at trends in this area (., statistics on use, frequency of negative behaviors). Pay particular attention to related social and moral issues. At least four recommendations for building character in those using the chosen digital technology to ensure that it is used ethically while also supporting educational initiatives or aims of schooling. Consider what you have learned about character education. Include the domain (moral, performance or civic) and values you are addressing. Your product will be students that have the character to interact with this technology in an ethical manner. Possible topics for this paper include, but are not limited to: A social media platform such as Facebook, Edmodo, Google+ in the classroom/school/organization, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, , alternate forms of social media Smartphones or other mobile technology Student access to the Internet outside of school to complete schoolwork Google Apps for Education Technology for testing Filming in the classroom (by teachers) Use of YouTube with/by students Use of media clips and films in the classroom/school/organization Wearable technology One-to-one technology initiatives Flipped classrooms or flipped pedagogy Digital footprints and data safety/student privacy digital citizenship Online learning in K-12 settings Gamification (games-based learning) Teacher/leader blogging Digital fabrication (3D printing) Robotics (drones)
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.