Grief is a natural reaction to loss and loss is an inevitable part of being human. Many older people must deal with the cumulative effect of losses created by lifelong inequities as a result of their age, race, social class, sexual orientation, gender, or ability. In addition, ageist assumptions may mean that family members and health care providers presume that loss in old age is not a big deal, and devalue older adults grief. As individuals proceed with their aging journey, they are more likely to experience multiple layers of loss some from positive life changes and others with negative impacts that the individual has no control over. Loss and grief faced by older adults can involve the death of partners, family members and friends but the inevitable loss is approaching ones own death and the dying process. Understanding resources and choices available can have a definitive impact on this process. It is often that as we age, we look to a good death. What is a good death? Describe the aging journey of an older adult including direct and secondary losses and how they impact the dying process. Is end-of-life care an appropriate personal selection and what is the impact of that choice on you and those you care for? You can use on one or more of these topics. Its up to you which one you want to focus on: 1. Differentiate the types of losses that older adults may experience 1b. List common non-death related losses in old age 2. Enumerate how the death of loved ones affects the well-being of older adults 3. Identify different end-of-life care options 3b. Discuss palliative care, hospice, and the “right to die” legislation Use APA latest format for your cited data(in-text and as reference!). In your data you will refer to 2 outside sources. One of these outside resources must be a personal communication with an older adult. (Please, make up a story of a conversation with an older adult).
- The Importance of Considering the Level of Protection Desired When Determining Spare Part Quantities
- The Impact of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Electronic Commerce (EC) on Logistics and System Support
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.