This assignment requires you to analyze and evaluate one of the following counseling theories: psychoanalytic, psychodynamic, Adlerian, Gestalt, or existential. Note that person-centered theory is not one of the choices of primary theory in this paper, although you may incorporate it as a secondary theory. In a later unit, you will apply the primary theory from this paper to the case study that you developed.
You will address the following:
Describe the theorys originhow was it developed, who created it.
Describe the theorys key concepts and its principles and assumptions (its view of human nature, the theory of change, view of psychopathology, the role of the counselor).
Evaluate the evidence base (the research evidence) supporting this theory.
References: You must have a minimum of 5 scholarly resources. All references must be from peer-reviewed academic journals and should be no more than 7 years old. The optional readings for each unit will help you begin your research. A seminal book may substitute for one journal article. You must use proper APA style to list your references. Refer to the APA Style and Format (linked in the Resources) campus page for more information.
Length of paper: The body of the paper must be 34 pages, not including the reference lists, abstract, or the title page.
Written communication: Develop accurate written communication and thoughts that convey the overall goals of the project and do not detract from the overall message. Your paper should demonstrate graduate-level writing skills.
Formatting: Use the current APA formatting, including correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double-spacing throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no skipped lines before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, one-inch margins all around, and no bullets. Refer to the APA Style and Format campus page for more information.
Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.