A) Critical Core Signature Assignment: Internet Research Assignment Assignment Description: The student will locate a website about one of the following topics: Zheng He’s Voyages History of Railroads in Africa The Dirty War in Argentina The May Fourth Movement **Do not use sites such as Wikipedia or other “encyclopedia” websites or CPCC library databases (these are digitally accessed print materials, not websites).** Use the questions below to evaluate the site. Please note the minimum word length and point values for each set of questions. The assignment should be typed using Microsoft Word. If you do not do not have Microsoft Word, CPCC has a large number of open computer labs available for use at various CPCC campuses and libraries which have Microsoft Word. For a complete list go to: http://www.cpcc.edu/itservices/labs. Grade and Due Date: Grade: There are a total of 100 points for this assignment, and it will count for 5% of your semester grade (1/2 a letter grade). Due: Assignment: Once you have located the website you will use, answer the questions below: 1. Full Name of Website and URL/ Web Address: 6 points 2. Who is the intended audience for this site? How did you determine this? (75 word minimum): 10 points 3. How could the sites domain (.edu, .net, .or, .gov.) impact its credibility? (75 word minimum): 10 points 4. Briefly describe the organization, company, agency, etc. who published the site. (75 word minimum): 10 points 5. Does this site have ads or is it ad free? What does this say about its credibility? (75 word minimum): 10 points 6. Describe the site comprehensively. Clearly state any issues or problems with this site. Please address the following four questions. ( This entire section should be at least 300 words): 50 points a. Provide a brief a brief summary of how the site addresses the topic. The summary SHOULD NOT be an abridged biography or summary of the person or event addressed by the site. The summary SHOULD focused on how the website addresses the topic and SHOULD NOT be about the topic itself. b. Can you verify the information in another source? (Provide links to 2 other credible websites that have similar information.) c. Does the point of view appear objective and impartial? (i.e.: Is the information fact, opinion, and/or propaganda? Are there political, ideological, cultural, religious, institutional, or personal biases?) d. Would you be comfortable using this source for a research paper? (Why or why not, explain.) 7. The remaining 4 points for this assignment will come from looking at your work in its totality and determining if you successfully exhibited your critical thinking skills. Below you will find the criteria for that assessment: Critical Thinking Key Indicator: Student formulates and articulates a position Issue/problem is stated clearly and described comprehensively, providing all relevant information necessary for full understanding. 4 points Issue/problem is stated, described and clarified so that understanding is not seriously impeded by omissions. 3 points Issue/problem is stated but description leaves some terms undefined, ambiguities unexplored, and boundaries undeveloped, and/or backgrounds unknown. 2 points Issue/problem to be considered critically is stated without clarification or description. 1 point Critical thinking was not evident. 0 points
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.