There are two parts to Response Essay 4: the citation for the article, and the list of pieces of the article (quotes, paraphrases, summaries) that you think you might want to incorporate into your Fourth Topic Essay down the line. Each of these two parts is worth 50% of the grade for this assignment, so both parts must be included for a grade of Satisfactory.
The citation for the article, in the MLA format (8th edition), appears first, followed by the list. Every item in the list must include an in-text citation in the MLA format.
Mekgwe, Pinkie. All That is Fine in the Human Condition: Crafting Words, Creating Mma Ramotswe. Research in African Literatures, vol. 37, no. 2, Summer 2006, pp. 176-186. Academic Search Complete, doi:10.1353/ral.2006.0052.
As Alexander McCall Smith said in an interview with Pinkie Mekgwe, I admire Botswana a great deal. I think this is a remarkable country which has achieved a great deal and I think that it is a special place. I wanted to tell a readership in other countries who might not know that. I wanted them to know, and I think they are getting that message through Mma Ramotswe (Mekgwe 183).
PM: Botswana comes through as a character in its own right in these novels. AMS: Botswana comes through as being the hero, yes. I admire people who are proud of their country. This applies not only in Botswana, this applies anywhere…Mma Ramotswe says that she is a patriot and that she is proud of her country. And thats quite moving, I think (Mekgwe 184).
In the interview, Alexander McCall Smith mentions that, since the publication of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series, sales of red bush tea, also called rooibos tea, have increased by 70% overall (Mekgwe 184).
McCall Smith credits his career as an author to having been a voracious reader when he was a child, and says that it is a logical progression, from being a reader to being a writer (Mekgwe 185).
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.