A. Accessibility of Technology: In Their Shoes In this discussion activity, you will attempt to use the Internet via screen reader software and will compare/contrast this experience with using the Internet visually in order to analyze the way that technology has or has not lived up to the expectation of equalizing information-sharing. http://www.afb.org/prodmain.asp Select a free screen reader program for your phone, tablet, or computer to use for this Activity: http://www.screenreader.net/index.php?pageid=11 http://webanywhere.cs.washington.edu/wa.php http://www.readspeaker.com/ http://usabilitygeek.com/10-free-screen-reader-blind-visually-impaired-users/ Turning off your monitor and using only the screen reader program and your speakers, navigate to your top 5 favorite websites and attempt to use each, noting your experience as you go. Keep track of missed links, content that does not work with the screen reader, and any difficulties you encounter. Make one of your visits to a website with a lot of video content could you access the video with the screen reader? Try to access a website to which you have never been before keep similar notes. Then, access a disability organizations website any of your choice, but several are listed here: o www.aapd.com o www.afb.org o http://www.unitedspinal.org/ o http://ncil.org/ Analyze your experience with each website and respond to the following questions o Did you notice differences in the websites? o What did you find frustrating about this activity? o What would you recommend to make this experience easier? o Do you think that you would have an easier time navigating with a screen reader program if you had more experience using it, or were there other factors? o How does this activity alter your perspective on the experience of the visually impaired and those with other physical impairments that make technology use a challenge? B. Reenvisioning the Educational System Print ________________________________________ Watch the following fascinating perspective on education: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U (Note: you may want to take notes!) Respond to the following items in 2-3 well-written paragraphs. Once you have responded, read and respond to the ideas of at least 2 of your classmates during the week. Refer to the syllabus for guidelines on discussion participation. 1. Summarize three main points you took away from this presentation. 2. Visit the following website identifying the top educational systems in the world:http://www.ncee.org/programs-affiliates/center-on-international-education-benchmarking/top-performing-countries/ Take a look at 3 or more of these countries and briefly describe why these systems are so successful. Do you see any commonalities across these systems? 3. Given what you have learned this week about the social sciences, education, and the transformative effect of technology on learning and development, propose an educational model for the future. What do you think should stay the same, what should change, and what role does technology play in helping to implement your model? What are the potential consequences (positive and negative) of the changes you propose?
- The Importance of Considering the Level of Protection Desired When Determining Spare Part Quantities
- The Impact of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Electronic Commerce (EC) on Logistics and System Support
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.