Each student is required to complete an 8-10 page research paper on a current issue facing law enforcement leaders, utilizing at least 8 scholarly references, and written in APA Style. The paper should have 8-10 pages of content, not including the title page, abstract, and reference page.
Note that references used for your research need to be peer-reviewed/scholarly journals. These journals typically have the following characteristics:
1. articles are reviewed by a panel of experts before they are accepted for publication;
2. articles are written by a scholar or specialist in the field;
3. articles report on original research or experimentation;
4. are often published by professional associations;
5. utilize terminology associated with the discipline.
Topic ideas include: recruiting women and minorities into law enforcement, recruiting and retaining Millennials, implementing body-worn cameras, improving hiring practices and processes, reducing unethical conduct by officers, combating the opioid epidemic, improving community relations, implementing community-oriented policing, addressing increasing rates of suicide among officers, etc.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you have submitted your paper it is automatically uploaded Turnitin.com (plagiarism checker). You MUST be below a 20% similarity to other sources.
- The Importance of Considering the Level of Protection Desired When Determining Spare Part Quantities
- The Impact of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Electronic Commerce (EC) on Logistics and System Support
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.