Responses must be thoughtful and detailed. If sources are used in support of opinions, then you must cite and include a reference list in APA format. The answers to questions 1-3 should be a min of 400 words all together.
1. Why is it important for our blood to be buffered? What would happen if it weren’t?
2. If you were lost at sea and decided to start drinking the ocean water to stay alive, what would happen to you? Why?
3. How do you feel about putting chemicals in your body? Would you say it’s a good thing? A bad thing? Or is it more complicated than that?
1. Choose one element from the periodic table that is found in the human body, and write five sentences about some of its functions in the body.
a. ____________________________________ 1.0 point
b. ____________________________________ 1.0 point
c. ____________________________________ 1.0 point
d. ____________________________________ 1.0 point
e. _____________________________________ 1.0 point
2a. Define radioactivity, including a description of the structure of an atom that is
2b. Explain why irradiating something does not make it radioactive.
3.. Why is water critical for metabolic processes?
4. Describe the two ways water maintains temperatures appropriate for living organisms.
4a. ___________________________________ 5 points
4b.____________________________________ 5 points