For this assignment, you are required to write a Leadership Research Essay.
Requirement: Using the terms, concepts, and theories learned in this course, write a 5 to 7 page (Times New Roman 12 font with double-spaced lines) leadership essay defining your leadership philosophy with one or more of the leadership theories we have studied. Each page should be approximately 350 words, so the total word count (not counting the reference page and the title page) should be at least 1750 words. Papers with fewer than 1750 words will have deductions for lack of content. Quotes should be limited and if necessary, cited appropriately. For this assignment, the use of first person is allowed.
No abstract is necessary. Include a clear and concise introductory and concluding paragraph.
Research: Additionally, using the APUS Online Library, conduct research and incorporate at least two (2) additional sources other than your textbook and course articles to support your essay. Use the APA Style to cite your in-text references and to list your references on a reference page.
Your essay will address these questions:
A. What leadership model, style, or theory best describes you as a leader? Why? Give examples using the terms and concepts in your textbook.
1) Skills Approach
2) Situational Approach
3) Behavioral Approach
4) Trait Approach
5) Path-Goal Approach
B. What are your most distinguishing leadership traits? What traits do you strive to learn to develop?
C. As a follower, what leadership approach do you prefer from your leader?
D. What leadership model or theory best describes how you influence others? Give examples.
E. Based on your self-assessments, your current leadership and motivational skills, and the knowledge you have gained from the course materials, what goals will you set and what plan of action will you implement to improve your (1) leadership and (2) motivation? Include the type of leadership theory or model you intend to implement to achieve your goals.
F. Explain the steps you need to take to complete each of these self-improvement goals?
Save your essay as Last Name_Leadership Research Essay_MGMT312.doc (e.g. Smith_Leadership Research Essay_MGMT312.doc).
When you are ready, upload your essay for grading.
A. Title Page – Include a title page with your name, student number, title of your paper, course number, course name, and date.
B. Introductory Paragraph – Include an introductory paragraph that ends.
C. Font and Spacing – Use Times New Roman 12 font with double spaced lines.
D. Length – Write a 5 to 7 page essay not including the title page and citation page.
E. Reference Page – Include all sources including your textbook on a Reference page
1. Utilize the APA Style for documenting sources. Remember to include at least 2 sources other than your textbooks. Finally, remember Wikipedia is NOT a scholarly source. Quotes must be properly cited. Limit quotes to less than 10% of your paper if you must have any.
2. Punctuation, essay format (thesis, supporting paragraphs with transition and topic sentences, and summary) grammar and documentation count toward your grade.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.