Read chapter nine again and think about all that we have learned so far in class. What can help or hurt a relationship, what can enhance or depreciate a communication climate? What sort of listening style can improve communication? Does background knowledge and dual perspective help in conflict? What sort of skills can increase emotional intelligence and assist in conflict? After knowing how you approach conflict how did your style help/fail in this particular conflict? Using the book apply those ideas (and cite them) to a particular conflict in your life. This paper asks you to analyze an interpersonal relationship in your life using concepts discussed in class and in the text. Identify a particular conflict and then explain how the conflict was dealt with and what could have been done differently. You need to describe the conflict, the conflict styles of each participant, try to identify what was communicated verbally and non-verbally and then analyze this by explaining how you dealt with the conflict. Did it end in resolution or more conflict? Was the conflict productive or unproductive? The paper should be 2-3 pages, and should contain an introduction, body, and conclusion as well as a reference page. The Text is available online in Blackboard. Wood, Julia T. Interpersonal Communication: Everyday Encounters. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth/Thomson Learning, 2016. (ISBN # 978-1-285-44583-0) Things about me: -Female 24 years old -Only girl with 3 brothers -Super traditional Vietnamese strict mom -Introvert -Hard to communicate problems because I was always told to respect my elders and not talk back when I was a kid. -Lose-lose Please feel free to contact me
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.