Brief description of the city and its political system (population, demographics, key institutions, history)
Overall description of the citys political environment, key debates shaping historical and modern
governance, trends affecting political culture and identification of issues affecting future development.
o Is the citys political environment contentious? Why or why not?
o What are the three main issues that have historically affected political discussion (e.g. education,
housing, transit, race etc)? Defend your assessment with content from your sources.
o In your opinion, how, if at all, do the issues of race, gender, class, and ethnicity play a role in the
o What urban theories does the political history, culture and environment of the city reflect?
Provide examples to support your analysis.
You will be graded based on the following
Punctuation, grammar, formatting
Answering each question completely
Choosing a comprehensive, well-developed set of articles/news stories
Using APA Citation style
Integrating the articles with the course readings and your personal analysis. An A paper will effectively
utilize the articles to support the topics (theories, issues of class and race, definition of community) we have
discussed in class with your personal assessment of the medias coverage. Simply providing basic
information from the sources is not an A paper
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.