Essay Topic:Using one example of a building designed by Inigo Jones, address the question of how the form and ornament of the building relate to the building’s function. You can choose either a standing building, or one that has been demolished but is well represented by drawings and textual sources:Standing buildings:- The Queen’s House at Greenwich (1616-1635)- Banqueting House at Whitehall (1619-1621)- The Queen’s Chapel at St. James’ Palace (1623-1625)- St. Pauls’ Church at Covent Garden (1630)Demolished buildings:- The Prince’s Lodging at New Market (1618-1619)- Old St. Pauls Cathedral, renovated by Jones in 1630-1631.- Old Somerset House, renovated by Jones in the 1630’s, with an addition after his design in 1662.There are many more examples that could be added here, but these are the most important. Please explore further though, if you like.Structure:According to the guidelines, you have to lead with the question. For example: How does the decoration of the Queen’s house relate to its function?Section I: Explain the historical context of the building. So who it was built for and where, what its purpose was, and who designed and built it.Section II: Describe the building. In this case, you might want to split this in two, and describe the exterior and interior form and decoration. This should be very straightforward, with no interpretation yet.Section III: Relate the form and decoration, as you’ve described it in section II, to the historical context described in section I. So consider how the ornament might reflect Inigo Jones’ ideas on decoration, as they relate to what his understanding of the task might have been. If is task was to design a house for the queen, how might the decoration reflect what he thought was appropriate for a queen’s house? But you want to go farther, so consider what was appropriate for this specific queen. Here, you would want to research how the people saw her, how the king thought of her, and how she thought of herself. Why would she have chosen Inigo Jones as her architect? Could Jones’ use of ornament, or a particular type of material, or a specific form, be interpreted as a response to her attempt to fashion an identity for herself at the royal court?
- The Importance of Considering the Level of Protection Desired When Determining Spare Part Quantities
- The Impact of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Electronic Commerce (EC) on Logistics and System Support
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.