Mason, Gardner, Outlaw & OGrady text: Chapters 8, 10, 11, 12, and 13
Online Materials & Resources
Review: Hinshaw, A. S (2007). Shaping health policy through nursing research. American Association of College of Nursing. Available at http://www.aacn.nche.edu/membership/members-only/presentations/2007/07fall/Hinshaw.pdf (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site).
Read: Majumdar, S. R., & Soumerai, S. B. (2009). The unhealthy state of health policy research. Health Affairs, Supplement 28(5), 900-908.
Assignment # 3 – Summary and Analysis of Nurse Manager Interview Submission
Interview a nurse manager to explore the external factors that influence decision making such as health policy, regulatory requirements, accreditation, health care financing. Write a 4 5 page paper summarizing and analyzing your interview with the nurse manager. Rubric is at the end of the syllabus.
Goal: Identify the external factors that influence nurse managers decision making.
Content requirements for this assignment:
1. Provide an overview of the role of the nurse manager interviewed. Summarize the information from the interview (do not report the interview question by question)
2. Perceptions related to impact on health policy on decision. Perceptions related to impact of regulatory agencies on decision making. Perceptions related to impact of health care financing on decision making.
3. Analysis of the interview supported by the literature.
Format Requirements: The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation and misspelling. The paper is to be no shorter than 4 pages; nor longer than 5 pages in length, excluding the title, abstract and references page. Incorporate a minimum of 3 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work. Journal articles and books should be referenced according to APA style (the library(Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. has a copy of the APA Manual).
Your paper should be formatted per APA and references should be current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions).
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.