The corrections function is the last component of the criminal justice system. When offenders reenter the community after incarceration, it is with the hope that they will live as productive, law-abiding citizens in society. Unfortunately, many find their way back into the system very quickly and so begins once again, the cycle of arrest, incarceration, and later reentry back into the community..Considering the information you gained from this lesson and learned throughout this course, describe the factors contributing to this cycle. Think about what you’ve studied about the three Cs, some causes of criminal behavior, the sentencing process, punishment, and research. Consider options within the sentencing continuum and the viability of intermediate sanctions as an effective prison alternative. Include as well, some of the challenges a former inmate might face as he/she attempts to reintegrate into society and what tools available to the criminal justice system can help minimize the risk of recidivism.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.