In his chapter How to Look at Television, Adorno lays out some very clearly defined critiques of the televisual medium, attacking the quality of TVs content, the duplicity of TVs messaging, and the harmful limitations that the format of TV programming imposes upon narrative art (storytelling). As you read the chapter I want you to pay attention to the organization and key points of Adornos argument, as you will need a solid grasp of this chapter to complete the critical response assignment.
This thread is an extension of your Section #5 critical response assignment.
a) hearing if and how your opinion of a particular piece of entertainment changed when you applied Adorno’s critique to it. Did your appreciation for the series grow? Did it deteriorate? How and why?
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.