Please choose two operating systems, your choices are Windows, MacOS (OSX), and Linux.
There are many distributions of linux, you can just choose one. For Windows and MacOS, stick with Windows 10 and MacOS High Sierra.
Do a brief introduction on your two operating systems, covering when they were created, what is the latest version, how popular are they (marketshares), etc.
Compare and contrast the following aspects of your two chosen systems:
File system layout – ex. Linux has a ‘/’ root file system while Windows uses a C: drive. Please provide sufficient details and discussion about where artifacts like installed programs, user files, and important OS files are stored.
Settings and Preferences – discuss where the operating system stores its settings and preferences. An example might be the Registry in Windows.
Browser artifacts – discuss the main browser used in your operating system. For Windows look at edge/internet explorer, Mac use Safari, Linux use Firefox or Google Chrome. Discuss where the browser stores its history, favorites, cookies, and other artifacts.
File systems – discuss what file system each OS uses and how they are different. How do they store files, what happens when files are deleted, how hard is it to recover files?
Recycling/Deleting – Discuss how the OS handles deleted files. For example Windows utitilizes the Recycle Bin. What artifacts might an investigator find in these locations?
Encryption – discuss what native encryption methods are available for both operating systems, for example MacOS uses FileVault. This is important to know for an investigation.
Please feel free to ask any questions that may arise.
Format your responses in a report with references on a reference page and in-text citations so I know where your information came from.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.