Pay close attention to the knowledge-transfer process. Developing your own Knowledge Silo Matrix and discussing what you found will be the basis of the assignment.
(Video 1) Trautman, S. (2012, November 30). Introduction to the Steve Trautman Co. 3 step knowledge transfer process . Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xj1iVhu308
(Video 2) Trautman, S. (2013, January 22). 5 questions that drive knowledge transfer . Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IvB_cOo14y8
(Video 3) Trautman, S. (2012, December 19). The Steve Trautman Co. 3-step knowledge transfer solution with knowledge silo matrix demo . Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=knN-ZzVAmMY
(Video 4) Trautman, S. (2012, December 18). How it works: The Steve Trautman Co. 3 step knowledge transfer solution . Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tWyMU90x6o4
For this Assignment you will be completing and analyzing a matrix following the Knowledge Silo Matrix instructions in the third video above. (The team you choose could be a current or past work group, a group of committee members, a group of family members, members of a rock band, or any group where you know the expertise needed and the skill levels of the employees/members.)
Please use the Knowledge Silo Matrix Word form. Remember these key points:
The Knowledge Silo Matrix (KSM) is a high-level tool of knowledge silos. Think bigger picture. For example, if you were filling out a KSM for building a house, some example silos would be Plumbing, Electrical, Flooring, Insulation, etc. Not Weld a pipe or Test for adequate water pressure. The blog article, Tip for Better, Faster Knowledge TransferIt’s Not What People KNOW, It’s What They Know How to DO, provided by The Steve Trautman Co., addresses the important distinction between Knowing vs. Doing. This will help you create a more actionable KSM.
Once you have your matrix completed, then respond to the following questions using the section headings in your paper that are below. Utilize at least three sources of outside information from other authors; be sure to cite them and provide a reference list at the end.
IntroductionThis section is often written after you have completed the rest of your paper.
Work Team OverviewProvide an overview of the work team you have assessed in the Knowledge Silo Matrix. Who are they, how long have they been in the group, and what are their jobs?
Skill Level in SiloDiscuss each group members job in terms of his/her silo statusdiscussing why you have evaluated them as purple, green, yellow, or white.
Matrix AnalysisAnalyze what the matrix tells you.
Look at each silo and analyze what you see and what needs to be done to minimize the knowledge risk.
Look at the colors assigned to each employee (horizontal colors). What should be done next to minimize the risk related to each employee as well as to enhance the performance of the work team? Be sure to discuss the training needed (or not) for each member and what the format of the training should be given what you learn from the matrix.
Application of the Matrix–Discuss what you have learned from this exercise and the strengths of the Knowledge Silo Matrix approach and the challenges you see managers could face in an organization using the Matrix.
Submit BOTH your Knowledge Silo Matrix and your discussion covering the points above.
American Management Association. (2017). Effective knowledge transfer can help transform your bottom line. Retrieved from http://www.amanet.org/training/articles/Effective-Knowledge-Transfer-Can-Help-Transform-Your-Bottom-Line.aspx.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.