Discuss the development of the Monarchy and/or the birth of nation-states.
You may consider the changing ideas of authority, centralization of nation-states, male and female rules, cooperation /conflict of Church and State power, independence movements and the struggle of sovereignty, and even the enhancement of national power in England and France during the Hundred Years War.
From Anglo-Saxon Slave Girl to Frankish Queen (p 233)Chapter 7
The Capitularies of Charlemagne (p 238) Chapter 7
The Graphic History of the Bayeux Tapestry (p 262)Chapter 8
A Declaration of Scottish Independence (pp 346-7)Chapter 10
Seals: Signs of Authority (pp 338-9)Chapter 10
The Condemnation of John of Arc, 1493 (p. 379)Chapter 11
Writing Your Paper
Here are the same details you needed to write your First Primary Source Analysis Paper!
You MUST integrate at least TWO primary sources in the Textbook
If you are not sure what a primary source (vs. a secondary source) is, here is a great Library of Congress resource: Using Primary Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
You should consider this format:
You should have at least a five-paragraph essay.
Two-three pages (675-1000 words).
12 font, (Times New Roman, Arial are usually best)
no MEGA-Breaks between paragraphs
Steps to Writing Your Paper
Have a solid introductory paragraph with a thesis sentence.
How Do I Write a Thesis Statement?Preview the document
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.