Report (2,000 words)In the report,you are asked to write a case study of an individual, organisation, industry, technology or text with regards to scholarshipfrom the module.Specific marking criteria for this assessment includeengagement with theories from and beyond the module handbook and the module reading list, comparison between authors, outlining your point in your own words, demonstration of understanding of method through engagement with appropriate academic literature, attempting to summarise your observation from the analysis of the chosen case.Learning outcomes:1. Demonstrate a systematic understanding of the field of globalisation and the media, including a coherent and detailed knowledge of key theories of globalisation and mediation2.Identify, describe and evaluate leading contemporary scholarship in the study of globalisation and media.3.Deploy key techniques of analysis and inquiry within the field, and evaluate the appropriateness of different methods, including, textual, ethnographic and discourse analytic research.4.Independently devise and conduct a sustained investigation, in which critical theories and methodologies are synthesised to competently explore and evaluate through primary research, a specific argument pertinent to the field.Further reading and resourcesPlease explore the reading list for this module available through the library website.Some useful ones are:Continuum: Journal of Media & Cultural StudiesCritical Studies in Media & CommunicationCultural StudiesCulture & OrganizationephemeraEuropean Journal of CommunicationGlobalMedia&CommunicationJanvost the public
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.