“Too often, entrepreneurs brimming with optimism and enthusiasm launch businesses destined for failure because their founders never stop to define a workable strategy that sets them apart from their competition.” (Scarborough & Cornwall, 2015, p. 106). With this assignment, you have the opportunity to take your creative ideas to the next step and begin to develop a strategy that will form the foundation for a successful business. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you: Develop an idea for a prospective small business, and select a name for the company. Identify its key competitors and summarize the strengths and weaknesses of one of the competitors. Prepare a mission statement that encompasses the purpose of the business and considers its target market. Identify the ownership form for this business, taking into consideration tax implications, liability exposure, managerial ability, and cost of formation. Include at least two (2) references outside the textbook. Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements: This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format may be different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details (more information and an example is included in the Strayer Writing Standards left menu link). Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are: Analyze the nature of entrepreneurship, business ethics, and social responsibility in managing a successful small business. Describe and analyze the role of creativity and innovation as a competitive advantage of a small business. Describe the strategic planning process and develop a strategic plan for a small business. Describe and analyze the necessary activities and key decisions to start a small business. Use technology and information resources to research issues in small business management. Write clearly and concisely about small business management using proper writing mechanics.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.