Inter-Rater Reliability Reliability is very important to consider in research studies. There are many different types of reliability and one type is called inter-rater reliability. Inter-rater reliability studies are often conducted when you have more than one person who will be evaluating and scoring data. If inter-rater reliability is high, then different people are recording approximately the same values for the behavior they are evaluating. Many of you are familiar with Albert Bandura’s Bobo doll experiment in 1961. Bandura was a proponent of the social learning theory. In his experiment, he attempted to determine if children would model aggressive behavior. Let’s say you are planning to conduct a modern-day social learning study and plan to record and rate the aggressive interactions after children have watched acts of violence on television. The potential acts of aggression will be rated from video tapes of the children as they play with a life-sized, blow-up toy. Before you conduct your study, you must train your four research assistants to make sure that they are identifying the same behaviors and end up with the same scores. Create a report in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document with a detailed description explaining how to train the assistants so that they have high inter-rater reliability. Search the South University Online Library to find some inter-rater reliability studies and see if you can get any ideas. Make sure you operationalize aggression before you start to explain your training plan. Be specific about what your research assistants should do to increase the similarity of their rating scores. Submit the reliability training plan for your research assistants
- The Importance of Considering the Level of Protection Desired When Determining Spare Part Quantities
- The Impact of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)/Electronic Commerce (EC) on Logistics and System Support
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.