Term papers are to focus upon the Canadian Criminal Justice System. Possible topics include:
1. Describe how one part of the Criminal Justice System functions and if it is effective
2. Discuss role conflicts between two parts of the Criminal Justice System.
3. Any other Criminal Justice topic agreed to in advance by the professor.
Examples: The Community Policing model improves Police relations with the public; The Prime Minister should not choose Supreme Court Judges; Despite government directions, Police are continuing to use the practice of carding; The Police need better training in managing mentally ill offenders; Aboriginal Canadians are routinely denied their Chart Rights; Problem Solving Courts should be used more extensively in Canada; The Defense should be bound by the same rules of disclosure as the Crown; More offenders should receive parole. The paper must be double spaced, 3-5 pages in length, excluding cover page and references. It is to be presented in appropriate academic style, using APA format and a font size not in excess of 12. You must use the text and at least one other academic source.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.