For this assignment, assume a large employer is closing in the community. In the Longevin family, the grandfather, Joe (age 60), the daughter Angela (age 40), and the grandson, Peter (age 20), are all losing their jobs. When Joe was 42, he was diagnosed with depression, but he has controlled this for the past few years. You may embellish this scenario as needed, including cultural implications and assessment results. Use Job Loss Case Study Template (linked in Resources) and address the following elements in this assignment:
Analyze the early, middle, and later developmental stages of career development for a case study.
Analyze the three developmental career stages of Joe, Angela, and Peter.
Analyze the interrelationships pertaining to work, mental well-being, family, and other life roles and factors.
Discuss how job loss might impact each person in terms of their relationships and mental well-being for the case study.
Discuss how family roles and responsibilities may shift as a result of job loss in the case study.
Which career counseling strategies would you use to help with the changes resulting from job loss?
Select developmentally appropriate career assessments that would be helpful to guide your work with each client in this case study. Name one assessment you would use for each person and describe the criteria you used to make this choice.
Assess the cultural appropriateness of the assessments you chose for each client.
Based on the assessment results and the effects of job loss you identified, select and apply career counseling strategies to the case study that would facilitate skill development for the planning and management of career, education, and life-work.
Review the Job Loss Case Study Scoring Guide to understand the grading expectations for this assignment.
Communication: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the counseling professions. Write effectively through the consistent use of grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and APA format. Use scholarly resources that support your analysis through clear, concise, well-organized, and grammatically correct writing that incorporates appropriate APA style conventions with few errors.
APA Requirements: Follow current edition APA style and format.
References: Include at least three references, including your text.
Length: 35 pages.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.