There are 22 specific rights guaranteed to all people listed in the first ten amendments to the Constitution. Choose one of those rights and explain why it was included in the Bill of Rights and how it is or is not being protected by the government today.
The paper should be 600-1000 words long with at least two sources, neither of which can be wikipedia. The SAC library online has a large database (primarily JSTOR) with articles which can help you do your research. The work has to be your own. Anything cut and pasted has to be in quotation marks and and the source identified. You must also include a bibliography which includes for each internet source the author, title of article, title of website, date of publication, web address, and date you accessed the site. For printed sources include author, book/magazine title, publisher, publication date, and page(s) of the quote.
This assignment is designed to meet the following Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) required by the history department:
1. Create an argument using historical evidence.
2. Analyze and interpret primary and secondary sources.
3. Analyze the effects of historical, social, political, economic, cultural, and global forces in this period of US History.
4. Appraise the choices, actions, and consequences of ethical decision-making in a historical context.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.