Popularity and Peer Rejection
Explore the role of peer acceptance in childrens adjustment, including popularity and rejection.
Description: The study examines the relationship between difficulties in peer acceptance during elementary school and emotional and behavioral problems.
Questions to Consider in your Discussion:
1. What types of emotional and behavioral problems are associated with difficulties in peer acceptance?
2. What are the gender differences in findings on peer acceptance and emotional and behavioral problems?
3. How can individuals intervene in peer acceptance difficulties to benefit childrens level of acceptance and subsequent improvement in emotional and behavioral issues? This is where I hope we can have a robust conversation about interventions.
1. There are different kind of emotional and behavioral problems that occur with difficulties in peer acceptance. These include anxiety, depression, social distress. Peer rejection also affects self perception on kids as it really lowers their self confidence to make them feel and believe that they are not worthy. Due to this kids also tend to build frustration and alienation. In fact, also other behavioral problems that kids tend to have include increases in aggression from not being accepted which makes them feel lonely.
2. There are a few gender differences in difficulties in peer acceptances within boys and girls. In fact, boys tend to have more behavior problems than actual girls. On the contrary, girls develop with peer rejection internalizing problems since girls tend to worry and stress more about problematic peer relationships. For boys they showed how they lack verbal abilities due to this issue.
3. To prevent peer rejection and improve emotional and behavior issues is best for teachers to make extracurricular activities that allow the kids work in teams to be able to socialize. I feel personally it is good to make kids work in groups which allows them to step out of their comfort zone and be more social. Kids need to be able to do hands on experiences and team work so they can learn and prevent any emotional distress. This can also help kids take their minds off of things and have a better experience at school.
- ISB PGP Pro Admission Essay
- Explain the steps taken to assess a risk from a quantitative perspective where monetary and numeric values are assigned and discuss the formulas used to quantify risk.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts.
- “Evaluate contemporary societal attitudes towards adolescent sexuality.
- Write a paper that summarizes and identifies the claims within a text, weighs the use of evidence to support the claim, and presents your degree of agreement/disagreement.
- Write an FBA report.You will begin by describing a hypothetical case where you would conduct an FBA (identifying information, reason for referral, and background information). Next, plan out the FBA using direct and indirect measures of behavior.
- What do you think is the biggest change in society due to digitalization?
- Use your search engine (e.g., Google) and review summaries of the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015 and the return of infected/disease-exposed American citizens (AMCITS) to the U.S. A significant challenge of a pathogen-related or chemical event will be the nature and number of casualties.
- Select one sexuality related issue that is the subject of considerable disagreement in contemporary society (e.g., pornography, prostitution, extramarital sex or other issue). Provide a discussion of the issue from the standpoint of both the Restrictive and Permissive sexual ideologies.
- Define and discuss (with examples) the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) Growth-Share Matrix and its significance and limitations in marketing strategy.